Pages


Monday, March 11, 2013

Do It Yourself: Legwarmers

Do It Yourself:
Legwarmers

I have ballet class every Wednesday. Generally, this involves a scramble to get myself ready. Usually, I wind up pawing through our dance costume box and wildly throwing on the first thing I find. Most of the time I don't wear legwarmers. 
Until now.

It's not that I ever had anything against legwarmers. In fact, I love them! I just could never find any because I only had a few pairs. This problem is now solved because I have learned how to make my own legwarmers. 

All you need is an old sweater and some scissors. Simply cut off the arms and voila! You have a cute new accessory and a short sleeve sweater! A two in one deal.


                                          Here's how my first pair came out

Below is my second pair.
Since I'm lazy and don't have a sewing machine, I didn't hem them. I just made a really clean cut. But if you're more detail-oriented, then hemming your legwarmers is probably a good plan. You could also add ribbon or buttons to jazz them up. I added ribbon bows to my red pair.

They're on pinterest too!


No comments:

Post a Comment