Pages


Saturday, December 21, 2013

Knit Your Own Hair-bows!

What girl doesn't love hair accessories? None that I know. Unfortunately for me (and other accessory loving ladies) I definitely do not have unlimited wealth with which to buy such accessories. Which is why I love to make them when I can. Like these hand-knit hair-bows:

These lovelies, inspired by Pinterest, are sure to make great Christmas gifts for my three (yes, THREE) younger sisters. 

Here's how I made them:

1) I cast ten stitches onto a pair of smallish knitting needles.
2) I knit until I had a strip approximately six inches long.
3) I cast off and sewed the two ends (the skinny ends, not the long ones) together.
4) I wrapped  a piece of yarn around the middle of the folded strip to cinch it.
5) I sewed the back of the bow onto a hair elastic. 
Easy right?! And after following these simple steps you have a chic (and utterly inexpensive) new hair accessory!



Check them out on Pinterest!





No comments:

Post a Comment